Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 
A few weeks ago, I was near the harbormaster's office in St. Augustine, admiring a lovely 2-masted schooner as she sailed in Matanzas Bay. An offhand comment to another photographer yeilded the information that one could sail upon her for a rather modest fee. I immediately booked passage for the following afternoon and fell in love with this pretty lady.

Three weeks later, I found myself driving from Amelia Island to St. A, and I booked a sunset cruise. The skies were not as pretty as I would have liked them to be, but the company, the ship, and the early evening were as lovely as can be.

There are some photos from the second sailing at http://www.jpkabala.com/SchoonerFreedom1/

The shrimp boat and the rainstorm pictures in this set were taken on Amelia Island. The suspension bridge is on the way from Little Talbot Island to Huguenot Memorial Park.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?