Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

What posesses some folks?

I snapped this image at a St. Patrick's Day event.

What would posess an adult old enough to have gray hair to bring a leprechaun doll to a parade and use its little hand to wave at the parade formations as they pass by?

Don't get me wrong....On the scale of human foibles, it's pretty far down on the list of oddities, but it's just one of those things that makes you say, "Am I missing something here, or do other people think this actually makes sense?"

Don't ask me why, but when I saw this all I could think of was South Park's "Mr. Hat" puppet.

(For all you non-South Park fans out there, Mr. Hat is the hand puppet that Mr. Garrison, the kids' kindergarten teacher, carries nearly constantly. As Garrison's alter-ego, Hat says and does all the things that Garrison is afraid to say and do, and takes the blame/responsibility for anything from which Garrison wants to distance himself.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?