Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

You only want what you can not have.

When I was in St. Augustine last, I snapped a bunch of pictures of the architectural details of the facade of Flagler College, including the one seen here. I assumed the motto was some lofty academic saying, and I never really got around to looking at the image too closely.

Earlier today, I was looking for the images of the pink hibiscus that I shot there, and stumbled over it. One of my co-workers was looking over my shoulder, saw the plaque and started laughing.

The inscription is in Spanish, and reads, "When I can, I don't want to. When I can not, it is what I desire most. "

Interesting motto on an academic building, no? Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?